You have exceeded our lofty expectations and are unmatched on the Cape.
September 1, 2009
Congratulations and thank you to you and your team for the outstanding outcome on our home in West Harwich. You have turned a standard colonial into a custom home befitting one of the most spectacular pieces of land on the Cape. In reflecting back on the project, I see several keys to the success:
- First and foremost, a good construction plan was led from the outset by two people totally committed to the project: you and Peter.
- Despite several overlooked details, your team found the issues early on by meticulously checking the drawings and proposing practical solutions that, in the end, enhanced the project as well as fixing the problem.
- With Donna in Florida for the winter and my running a company during an impossible economic period, your use of the Web, e-mails and project scheduling tools kept us involved, up to date and at the center of each and every key decision. The result: no surprises and a well-managed budget where good decisions were made jointly based on value, payback and appearance. At the conclusion, the professionally prepared album which will forever record the project’s key phases has been a big hit with friends and family as they have visited us over the summer.
- You kept your “A” sub-contract team on our project and did so using a competitive bidding process that helped ensure excellent value and the best quality subs. Your upfront request to have the subs commit to seven Saturdays was an innovative way to get more value and more commitment from the subs, and turned out to be essential to getting the project completed on time despite an unexpectedly harsh Cape Cod winter.
- Your friendly and steadfast attention to the permit process paid significant dividends both in terms of cost and time with town officials whose input needs to be paid attention to and addressed on a timely basis. This was especially important in dealing pragmatically with our flood plan issues. As our friends have taken the tour, they have universally stated that six months for the complete transformation of our home falls into the category of a miracle compared to their own sometimes painful experiences.
- Finally, your openness, constructive challenge and responsiveness to changes suggested by our interior designer added significantly to the outcome. Helen has outstanding ideas – usually one a minute – and working together we added good ones.
In summary, over my career I have overseen many multi-million dollar projects in our company and now $1 million plus renovations to our homes in Palm Beach and the Cape. You, Peter and the Cataldo Team are the best group I have had the pleasure to work with. Cataldo Builders do so many things very well and the end result is a unique building experience providing quality, exceptional care and an outstanding level of organization and team work before, during and after a project. You have exceeded our lofty expectations and are unmatched on the Cape.
If Donna and I can be helpful in “spreading the word”, don’t hesitate to call or bring prospects by for a tour.